Jenna Elizabeth (aka "JennaBeth") Song Lorenz

Waiting For Our Little One To Come Home From China!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, February 3, 2012

Waiting and Trusting...

Although there is no news from China yet on our extended China Travel Letter, (which we expected since it has been Chinese New Year celebration time there), I ran across a Scripture passage today that touched my heart deeply. Please allow me to share it with you as we continue to wait for God's perfect timing and plan to unfold.

Isaiah 43: 5 > 7:
"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth--everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."

I can honestly tell you that waiting several years before our Referral of little Song was extremely difficult. I can also share with you that having her Referral and waiting to travel to meet her, hold her and bring her home is also very, very difficult. However...we have peace, hope and trust in God that He knows what is best, right, perfect and purposeful in His own timing and design. I often wonder "how much longer, O Lord?" but in my heart, I know that He is working it all out in a beautiful and precious way...and I will trust Him. I know He is holding our little Song in His arms of love and protection. I know He is working protection and provision out for our family on many levels. So we wait...and trust...and believe.

When I read this Scripture passage today, I was touched by God's many reminders which repeatedly tell us "Do not be afraid." If memory serves me correctly, that phrase is listed around 365 times in the Bible! Interestingly, that's one for each day of the year! I think it was very important for Him to reveal that message to us each day. He is God and He is always with us no matter where we are, what's going on within us or around us...or in our journeys of life...including adoption. So...we must not be afraid. We must trust Him who has complete control and purpose of our lives...in every direction.

I must also smile at this verse for another interesting reason. Tim and I have often discussed how our family will be complete when our little JennaBeth comes home on many levels. You see, Tim is originally from Ohio...a northern state. I am originally from Virginia...a southern state. Our family lives in the "western" section of the world. And our precious little girl obviously was born and now lives in China...the eastern part of the world. So we sometimes chuckle as we say that God has included the north, south, east and west in our family! Reading this verse reminds me that God's plan can involve many different origins, stories and directions in order to complete His purpose in our lives. How amazing He truly is!

So the very God who created this universe, the stars in the skies, the oceans, mountains, rainbows, animals, miracles and beautiful flowers...can certainly handle bringing our sweet daughter into our arms at just the right time. We could easily become discouraged, frustrated and doubtful...after almost 58 months of log-in and almost 6 years of this journey. But...we will not be afraid. We will hold onto hope, peace, joy, trust and belief that God is with our little Song in China...and our family as we recover from surgery and illness. We hold onto Him as He directs our paths and our journey to our precious daughter in China. We will honor and glorify Him in the wait, the walk and this wonderful journey of blessings.

Please continue to pray for our little one in China. Please pray for our family. Please pray that we will reflect Him through each moment. Please know how much we thank Him for you, our faithful family and friends who steadfastly pray, love and walk beside us. You are such blessings in our lives and we thank Him for you.
Cherishing the gift of trusting Him through it all,
Terri & Family

1 comment:

Judy Gloy said...

Trust and wait... that is what you've been doing for so very long. It's so hard not to be like the rest of the world and to be impatient and want things right now. But just think how much more special this precious little one will be when you can finally bring her home... her forever home... to those of us who love her already. WOW! Oh what a glorious day that will be. We pray that God will allow this to happen very soon.

Love you all,

MaMa-Love and PaPa