Jenna Elizabeth (aka "JennaBeth") Song Lorenz

Waiting For Our Little One To Come Home From China!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, August 1, 2009

"At Just the Right Time...More Blessings"

Where does the time go? It seems just a week or two ago, we were saying hello to summer and considering all the plans we hoped to accomplish during this time. Now, our son has less than two weeks left before he begins his senior year of high school while our daughter looks forward to her junior year in college a few days later. I'm excited to see what the new school year brings for our children...but I'm never glad to see the summer months end with them. I love having them home and cherish every moment so it's always a bit sad to see them return to school schedules. Yet, I know they always find their way back home at the end of the day or on weekends and breaks. We certainly have that to look forward to as we leave summer behind.

In the middle of preparing for a new school year, my heart also aches for our little one/s in China. As I've mentioned in other posts, it is ironic that while time passes quickly in some ways, this is one area that seems exempt from the fast pace of life. Yesterday was one of those days when I missed our little sweetie/s so much, that it truly hurt to be so far away from her. Those of you who have walked this path certainly understand. Although she is always in our hearts, some days are just more difficult to get through than others.

Yet, as always, there were blessings in store for yesterday that I did not anticipate. But God's perfect timing met my deepest longing with incredible, unexpected blessings. What a journey this is.

Yesterday morning, I met my dear friend, Judy, for breakfast. We had not seen one another for weeks and it was time to get together! As I parked our car beside hers, she met me with yet another wonderful package. Again, her smile was lighting up the entire town. As I opened the package, there was an adorable "Ohio State Buckeye" dress set for our JennaBeth! The top part has an official Buckeye logo on the front and the bottom part spells out the word "Buckeye" on the back. It is precious! You can just imagine how thrilled my Ohio husband was to see that! And our children were also very excited! I can hardly wait to put this on our baby girl! She's going to look precious! Of course, I'll share pictures, too! Thank you so much, Judy! You are such a dear friend whom God continually shines through and blesses us during our journey. I can hardly wait for our baby girl/s to meet their "Aunt Judy." What a moment that will be!

Last night I began reorganizing JennaBeth's (& EmmaKate?) things for awhile. It was just one of those times when if I couldn't hold her in my arms, I would stay busy working with her things. So I worked on her clothes, socks, shoes, sippy cups, bibs, etc. and found myself really enjoying the progress of preparing for her just a bit more. When I checked my Facebook account at the end of the evening, there was a message from my friend, Yolanda, who is also an adoptive Mom. She had sent a Chinese "flair" that showed the Chinese characters for "I Miss You." As I wrote to thank her on FB, I told her it had been a day I had really been missing our baby girl...and somehow Yolanda had already felt that. I asked her if I could quote her response to me and she agreed. When you read it, you will understand why it captured our hearts so deeply.

Yolanda shared this re: her own wait: "GOD had it all under control. He had picked out just the right child for us, even before she was born. He molded her in her birth mother's womb and fashioned her for our family. I know that sounds easy to say now, but just hang on to that fact. God is shaping your daughter/s even now for your family. Cherish the time that he is taking to make her/them a perfect fit. He loves you so much." Thank you, Yolanda! What a beautiful blessing you shared with us at just the right time! Maybe our little girls can play together someday! Wouldn't that be precious?

Once more, during another day when our hearts ache the deepest for our little one/s in China, God sent amazing blessings from Judy and Yolanda in His perfect timing. If He can do that in one day, I can hardly wait to see what He is doing as He prepares to bring our baby girl/s home to us after this season of waiting! It's going to be worth every moment! Thank you, God, for our friends, family and everyone involved along our journey. Thank you for Your perfect timing, your wonderful people and Your Master Design which is far greater than anything we could ever imagine. Thank you for so many blessings...at just the right time. Please bless each life who continually blesses ours as well as those precious ones caring for our baby girl/s until we hold her/them in our arms. Please send a gentle breeze full of kisses and love upon her/their face so they will feel Your hand and love surrounding them each day. May everyone along this journey know Your presence and love. Amen.
Cherishing each moment of blessings...
Terri & Family

1 comment:

Judy Gloy said...

Awwww... I saw pics of Yolanda's precious baby girl. She is out-of-this-world adorable! It just made me want Jennabeth (and EmmaKate) so much more. I can just picture her/them in those outfits! And... ofcourse, the "crocs". How cute she/they will be. Yes, her Auntie and Uncle Ralphie are anxiously awaiting her. In fact, Ralph told me when I got home yesterday that he almost came and ate breakfast with us, but he respected the fact that maybe we just needed that time for "us". But, he was thinking about little Jennabeth and Emmakate... and got homesick for them as well. Isn't that SWEET? Boy, this/these babygirl(s) don't know how much love will be bestowed upon them, will they? Have a great week... take Yolanda's advice and KNOW THAT HE IS IN CONTROL AND LOVES YOU AND IS FORMING THIS/THESE ANGEL(S) FOR US ALL TO LOVE.
Love,
Judy