Jenna Elizabeth (aka "JennaBeth") Song Lorenz

Waiting For Our Little One To Come Home From China!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Blessings...and more blessings...

The past few weeks have been very busy, as usual, but summer often brings new opportunties to enjoy and experience. We are grateful for each blessing along the way and this summer has been no exception.

A few days after Father's Day, I was surprised with a precious birthday party with many dear friends around. What a memory to cherish! Friends came from far and near and I was thrilled to see each one who shared that special day with us. My husband and children worked so hard to make that day a wonderful one. It was amazing. I just wish our baby girl/s could have been here with us. But someday....

Earlier this week, I visited with some friends who were visiting their family nearby. It was great to see them again. Their family is so beautiful. They have three biological sons, two daughters from China...and are presently in the process of adopting a third daughter from China. Our time together was incredible. As I held the little ones' hands or held one in my lap, I continued to thank God for the reminder that He is also holding our sweet daughter/s in His arms. My friends and I talked about how wonderful it will be when our daughters meet one another and can play together...someday.

While at Church recently, we chatted with some friends who have also adopted twin girls from China. Of course, they wanted to know how our process continues. As we spoke, April said, "it's just not time...she's not ready yet" and we were encouraged to know that they completely understand. The time will come...in God's perfect plan and design...He will bring our baby girl/s into our lives....someday.

I wish I could tell you that my heart is perfectly fine with waiting...but it's not. I am peaceful about this waiting season for I know God is in complete control and knows what is best for our daughter/s and for us. But my heart certainly aches for our baby girl/s. I want them to enjoy family birthday celebrations, family reunions, visits with friends and summer fun. I want to hold her, love her, teach her and share life with her on a daily basis. As my friends and I went out to lunch, I chatted with their girls in their carseats. I kept thinking how awesome it will be to travel together with our baby girl/s....and arrive at family and friends' homes...together...someday.

But we have today. We have this moment to hope, share, love and look forward to those somedays. We have many blessings along the way to remind us of today's blessings...and our hopes for tomorrow. May we not be so excited about tomorrows that we miss the joys, blessings and love of today. May we be thankful to God for all the reminders He gives us now that He is holding us all in His arms...today...and tomorrow. And may we rejoice that each day brings us closer to our sweet little daughter/s...while we rejoice in the amazing love of family, friends and our Heavenly Father...today. Today...someday...blessings and more blessings...thank you, God!
Cherishing the blessings of today and someday,
Terri and family

No comments: