Jenna Elizabeth (aka "JennaBeth") Song Lorenz

Waiting For Our Little One To Come Home From China!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Prayer Concerns Before USCIS Trip

Wouldn't you know it? It doesn't usually happen...until we have USCIS refingerprinting appointments. One of the specific details on our appointment papers mentions no cuts on our fingers. Well...that shouldn't be a problem...until now. :) Since yesterday brought snow into KY, I decided to make potato soup....which meant cutting potatoes, ham, cheese, onion, etc. with a rather large (and sharp) knife. Guess what else I cut in the process? Yes...I cut my hand...again. Something very similar happened before our fingerprinting appointment last time. I healed enough "just in time" last year and it is my prayer that healing will take place before we go to the USCIS office next week. Although this sounds minor, it is a definite concern and I would really appreciate your prayers for my hand to recover quickly.

Rachel also told me that she is scheduled for two tests at the university the day of our appointments. So I would also ask that you pray for her professors to understand and work with her to make up those tests as soon as she returns to school. It shouldn't be a problem but we would really appreciate your prayers. Please also pray for Rachel as she adjusts her school schedule to accomodate this necessary step in our journey, as well.

Yet...we know God has brought us this far and He can certainly handle college tests and an injured hand. While on this journey with us, though, we know you are willing to pray for specific concerns and I knew I could share them with you. As a friend recently reminded me, "Prayer makes the difference" so we're asking for you to pray as we anticipate another step toward our baby girl/s. Thank you for continuing to pray for our journey, for our new daughter/s in China...and for these specific concerns in the next several days.

We'll keep you posted as we continue to move forward...together.
Cherishing the journey and those praying us through....
Terri and family

1 comment:

Judy Gloy said...

Terri, Terri, Terri! Oh my goodness! I'm SO sorry you cut your hand! Bless your heart. It will heal by next week. What exactly are the dates again? I know you said, but I've already forgotten! Anyway, we will certainly pray about that and Rachel's situation with school. Good grief, Charlie Brown! It's ALWAYS something! We pray all will work out. I'm sure they don't like re-scheduling things like that, ya know? Maybe the dr. can give you something to speed up the healing? Just a thought.
Sorry to hear about this. It will be okay. As your friend says, "prayer works!" We'll be praying.
Love to you all.
Judy