Jenna Elizabeth (aka "JennaBeth") Song Lorenz

Waiting For Our Little One To Come Home From China!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Signs of Spring

It just keeps happening. No matter how much snow, ice, cold or windy weather arrives, we continue to see signs of spring. The days are getting longer. Warmer days surprise us a little more frequently. Birds seem to be singing a song of excitement and anticipation. Ahhhh, spring is just around the corner.

Anyone who knows me realizes that I welcome warm weather. I really look forward to spring and I absolutely love summer. So it's not uncommon for me to begin the "countdown to spring" around sixty days before the official calendar spring season. It gives me focus, hope and a reminder that the brutally cold winter season will pass and the warmer days are just ahead. Of course, fall and winter have their purpose and beauty. I would never deny that. But my personal favorites are spring and summer. It's been an especially long winter so every little sign of spring is welcomed with tremendous enthusiasm in our home.

Likewise, the long, long wait for our little girl/s seems to take forever sometimes. We will soon reach the twenty-three month LID anniversary. But just when I feel the "winter" season chilling my journey as we miss our little girl/s even more, I am equally reminded that the "spring and summer" seasons will come, as well.

Recently, two friends have touched our hearts...and we are so thankful for their reminders which I consider "signs of spring"in our adoption journey. Not long ago, Yolanda sent more pictures of her precious daughter from China and an incredible note that encouraged us beyond words. I remember reading her blog as she waited to bring her sweetie home. Now she is encouraging me with beautiful pictures, encouraging words and heartfelt prayers in our journey. Likewise, we recently reconnected with another friend from college who recently adopted a little boy from China. Thank you, Tim, for your words of encouragement, hope and understanding. It amazes us how God works through so many wonderful friends to convey the message that it may be "winter" now in the journey...but spring is coming! :) To all of our adoptive parent friends in VA, NC, MS and KY, we thank God for you and the joy you have shared. You have walked this journey. You are now holding your little ones in your arms and praying us through this time in our lives. Thank you.

I am gradually learning that each season we experience in life prepares us for the next season ahead. I am sure there is much to learn in our present season. I cannot rush it. I cannot ignore it. I must embrace it and be thankful for it. Each step has its purpose and place along this path of our lives. So...as anxious as we are for spring and summer to arrive, I must accept the cold winter days for the blessings they are, as well. Not every season is easy...but it's definitely worth it.

May you all be blessed in your journeys. May your seasons in life bless you, too. May you always know how much we appreciate your prayers, support and companionship along the way. There is truly joy in our journey.
Cherishing the blessings,
Terri and family

1 comment:

Judy Gloy said...

Hello, dear friend. We, too, are anxiously awaiting for your JennaBeth/EmmaKate. We hope it will be soon.
We love you. Ralph and Judy