Jenna Elizabeth (aka "JennaBeth") Song Lorenz

Waiting For Our Little One To Come Home From China!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, November 3, 2008

In the middle of life...

Life has been busy for our family, as usual. But in the middle of it all...we are blessed, grateful, and enjoying each moment in this journey. Our home sometimes seems like "Grand Central Station" but we wouldn't want to miss one moment of this amazing time in our lives.

This weekend was no exception. Our son left Friday morning on a high school band trip. Our daughter came home from college Friday evening. On Saturday morning, Tim and I left for Louisville to attend the band competition while our daughter went to work at the pharmacy. Saturday evening, Tim and I arrived home just before our daughter returned home from work. Meanwhile, our son remained in Louisville with the band. Yesterday began with more trips and errands. During the afternoon, our son arrived back in town with the band. I spent time in the kitchen preparing food for our family and neighbors who are ill....while Tim ran to the store to pick up a few things. We finally had a few hours together as a family...and then our daughter left to return to the university. It was a busy time but we cherished every opportunity we had to be together. It's not always this hectic...but in the middle of the trips, laundry, cooking, packing, unpacking and preparing for this week....we realized we had been given so many blessings.

Not one day passes in the middle of the work, school, home and errands that we don't think about our baby girl/s. Is she, (or they), born yet? How are her birth parents doing during this time in their lives? How are the caregivers who work so diligently to meet the needs of these precious babies? How are all those involved in government offices and adoption agencies doing as they continue to work to bring the children together with their "Forever Families?" How are the other waiting families doing as they continue with paperwork, preparations and "patience-building" during this journey to their babies? What does our little girl look like? What did her day involve? Does she have any idea how very, very loved she is on both sides of the planet? Does she suck her thumb or twist her hair? Does she like music? Is she learning to talk already? Does she realize how many people are praying for her? Even though we have never seen her picture and don't even know her date of birth, we thank God for her every day and our hearts are overflowing with joy and love for her. In the middle of life, our family and our hearts....she is truly with us every moment!

We were indeed reminded recently that the same God who holds our Jenna Elizabeth, ("JennaBeth"), (and maybe our Emma Katherine--"EmmaKate"), in His hands continues to bring us all closer together in His loving and perfect plan. Last Friday our mailman began frantically blowing his horn in front of our house. I was a bit puzzled for we had not ordered anything recently and I couldn't imagine what package would be coming to our home. But I walked out to his car on our street and he handed me a package from a dear friend of ours in Indiana. Once I got inside, I quickly opened the package and found a precious, precious book entitled "On The Night You Were Born." As I sat down and read it, the tears began to fall. Our sweet friend, Joyce, found this book and chose to send it to us for our baby girl/s. The book is adorable and I would highly recommend it to any of you who have children or grandchildren...or just want to read it for yourselves! (And that comes from my personal Mom, counselor and teacher perspectives!) Thank you, Joyce, for allowing God to work through you to remind us that the birth of our little daughter/s is still being witnessed, orchestrated and blessed by our wonderful Heavenly Father. Although we are not present for her birth, our baby is still in the most loving and capable hands we could ever imagine! I can hardly wait to read it to our little sweetie/s. Our 20 year old daughter read it aloud this weekend and we were both teary-eyed when she finished! I think I'll even read it to our almost 17 year old son soon, too! It touches us all as we remember that we are created and brought into this world with an incredible design and purpose! Wow!!

So in the middle of life's busy schedules, demands, noises and concerns, please remember that life is indeed a precious gift. You are not alone, dear ones. Our baby girl/s are not alone. Our family is not alone. You have been given this gift of life for an incredible purpose and you are special! You are special to Him...and you are special to us! Our thoughts and prayers continue for each of you as we walk together in this journey of blessings!
Cherishing life,
Terri & Family

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Dear Tim, Terri, Rachel, Micah,

All I can say right now (and once again)...GOOSE BUMPS!! Every time I read your journal I tear up and the goose bumps keep going up and down my arms. I am so very happy and thankful to God for leading me to the book I sent you. And I am so thrilled you are enjoying it. I was in a bookstore and it honestly just caught my eye. I cried as I read it in the store and one of my first thoughts was, "The Lorenz family would love this!" I wish I could have been there to hear Rachel read it. Thoughts and prayers are always being sent your way in Kentucky from here in northern Indiana! I just can't wait for the day I am told that your little girl or girls are with you. God bless you all.

Lots of love to each one of you,
Joyce